Dr. Apple discusses the relevance and use of High-Sensitivity Troponin I in the ED setting at the Point of Care. Dr. Apple reviews hs-cTnI scientific literature and speaks to critical considerations pertaining to the set up and implementation of POC, considering the combined efforts of the laboratory and Emergency Department clinical staff.
Key learning objectives
- Understand the clinical utilization of high-sensitivity troponin I as an aid in the diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Appreciate the newest scientific data pertaining to novel POC high-sensitivity troponin I
- Share key insights around the collaborative process among the laboratory and Emergency Department (ED) clinical staff
Who should attend?
- Those interested in the assessment and management of Acute Myocardial Infarction in the emergency setting
- Those interested in reviewing data on the evolution of cardiac troponin performance and clinical utility
- ED, laboratory, and/or administrators interested in potential improvements in emergency care and rapid disposition of patients with suspected AMI
Attendees are entitled to P.A.C.E. credits from the ASCLS and/or ACCENT credits from the AACC.
Webinar available on demand through August 24, 2023