Laboratory Diagnostic & Tumor Biology
A Comprehensive Portfolio of PSA Assays
In the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer patients, physicians require additional testing parameters alongside classical tumor markers. To improve the detection of clinically significant cancers, Siemens offers different types of PSA tests, which can be used to guide decision-making at different stages of the disease.
- PSA is the classic method used for both as an aid in detecting prostate cancer (with DRE in men 50 years or older) as well as for monitoring it.
Free PSA Test (fPSA)
- fPSA assay helps guide decision-making in men 50 years or older who have DRE findings that are not suspicious for cancer but that are in the diagnostic gray zone (4.0 – 10 ng/mL total serum PSA).
- Used in conjunction with PSA, the percent fPSA helps differentiate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia, and may help reduce unnecessary prostate biopsies.
Third Generation PSA
- Third Generation PSA assay is used as an adjunctive test to aid in the management of prostate cancer patients, by providing information on possible and early indication of disease status after treatment in conjunction with other clinical information.
Complexed PSA (cPSA)
- Siemens’ proprietary cPSA is an alternative to traditional PSA testing, recommended by the NCCN and NACB as an aid in frontline detection. Complexed PSA (cPSA) can be more specific than PSA to aid in the detection of cancer.
Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics
Our tumor markers offer clinically acceptable sensitivity and specificity, and allow laboratories of any size to consolidate most or all of their oncology testing on our ADVIA Centaur®, IMMULITE®, Dimension®, and Dimension Vista® systems.