ACUSON S2000 ABVS Ultrasound System, HELX Evolution with Touch Control
Nearly half of women have dense breast tissue. Mammography – though effective – may miss cancers in women with dense breasts. Ultrasound has demonstrated the ability to detect cancers missed by mammography. 1,2,3 Built on the system architecture Siemens’ premium ultrasound systems, the ACUSON S2000™ Automated Breast Volume Scanner (ABVS), HELX™ Evolution with Touch Control helps clinicians address this crucial issue.
ACUSON S2000 ABVS Testimonial Video -- Dr. Barry Roseman
ACUSON S2000 Automated Breast Volume Scanner (ABVS) from Dr. Ellen Mendelson
3D Breast Ultrasound at White Plains Hospital Imaging Center
Heritage Valley Health System discusses how ABVS has helped their practice and patients.
ACUSON S2000 ABVS Breast Ultrasound
ACUSON S2000 ABVS Patient Positioning
Features og Fordele
The ACUSON S2000 ABVS system - which is at the center of Siemens’ comprehensive 3D Total Breast Ultrasound solution - may help you to address these important questions. It combines the power of 2D/3D ultrasound and advanced technologies, such as ultrasound elastography and multimodality review, with automated acquisition and intelligent workflow solutions to create one comprehensive package for your breast ultrasound needs.
3D Total Breast Scanning
How do you meet the increasing demands of dense breast imaging?
The ACUSON S2000 ABVS helps healthcare professionals to identify lesions efficiently. It provides consistent, reproducible, operator-independent results with high-resolution full-field views of the entire breast – without exposing the patient to radiation.
- Generate a coronal view of the breast, which demonstrates global anatomy and symmetry as well as architectural distortion
- Improve ergonomics and decrease repetitive stress injuries with Siemens’ exclusive hands-free locking mechanism
- Improve productivity by decreasing exam time compared with hand-held imaging
- Enhance data consistency with automated acquisition
Advanced Technologies: Shear Wave Elastography
How often do you encounter a breast lesion that is difficult to characterize?
The ACUSON ABVS system includes many advanced technologies to support further characterization of difficult areas. Manual, compression-based strain imaging and shear wave-based elastography (VirtualTouch™ IQ) and multimodality review are some examples.
- Virtual Touch IQ provides a non-invasive, quantitative assessment of lesions. Tissue stiffness analysis may help to better differentiate between solid tumors, cysts and other areas of concern during breast ultrasound exams.
- Improve patient care with Virtual Touch IQ which gives you additional data points for lesion evaluation and helps you decide the best course of follow-up action.
- Ensure data integrity and improve clinical confidence using Siemens’ exclusive quality map in every shear wave acquisition.
What if you need to evaluate an area with a hand-held transducer?
The ACUSON S2000 ABVS can be used for both automated breast volume scanning and conventional hand-held exams. If a lesion is found during volumetric acquisition that requires further evaluation, a hand-held linear transducer can be used to acquire additional 2D images including color Doppler, elasticity, and shear wave imaging.
- Easily accessible, conventional hand-held scanning capabilities enable you to maximize your investment by simultaneously providing automated and hand-held imaging options
- For added versatility, the ACUSON S2000 ABVS is a fully operational ultrasound system which can be used for a broad spectrum of clinical applications to maximize full asset utilization
- The ability to quickly assess the axilla or lesion with conventional hand-held scanning improves diagnostic confidence
Flexible Reporting Software without an Additional Workstation
How easy is it for you to read breast ultrasound exams?
The syngo®.Ultrasound Breast Analysis (sUSBA) software delivers powerful, flexible reviewing and reporting capabilities. It provides semi-automated BI-RADS® reporting, efficient analysis of 3D imagery, and customizable, at-a-glance image displays to support the quick and thorough diagnosis of breast lesions.
- Synchronized scrolling and multiple hanging protocol options for fast reading
- Prior studies load automatically for quick comparison
- Increased reading flexibility with client-server connectivity and concurrent user licenses
- Reduced clutter in your office with a software solution that can be loaded onto an existing workstation*
- Five years of software updates included, allowing you to bring the latest innovations to all users
3D Total Breast Ultrasound is used with an ACUSON S2000 ABVS ultrasound system, which can offer many additional technical advantages to support efficient, consistent breast diagnosis.
- Convenient Remote Image Review: syngo® Ultrasound Breast Analysis (sUSBA) allows remote review of all data and images captured during ACUSON S2000 ABVS breast ultrasound scans. This valuable software tool provides image analysis and reporting with comprehensive tools for data review and can be used with a variety of workstations.
- Tissue Strain Analytics: The ACUSON S2000 system now also offers the unique ability to assess tissue stiffness with Virtual Touch™ technologies. Virtual Touch technologies use Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse (ARFI) technology to help clinicians better differentiate between tumors, healthy dense breast tissue, fatty tissue and other conditions in deep tissues.
- eSie Touch Compression Elastography: The ACUSON S2000 system, also offers eSie Touch™ elasticity imaging technology, which uses gentle compression to provide high resolution elastograms of tissue stiffness in more superficial tissues (Virtual Touch technologies can provide tissue stiffness analysis for deeper tissues).
- Color Doppler: With superb color sensitivity, the ACUSON S2000 system’s color Doppler technology makes it possible to visualize the subtleties of blood flow around tumors or other areas of concern in fatty or dense breast tissue.
- Additional Hand-Held Transducers: Besides the automated breast ultrasound, the ACUSON S2000 ABVS system supports a wide range of hand-held transducers, including the 18L6 HD transducer, to allow flexible use, including guided needle biopsy.
- Efficient Cup-size and Depth Pre-sets: The ACUSON S2000 ABVS system offers four depth settings, the deepest in the market, and pre-sets optimized by cup size for image consistency, as well as patient comfort. They can be easily selected with the convenient operating touch screen.
- eSieScan™ Workflow Protocols: The ACUSON S2000 ABVS system also enables quick, accurate and reproducible view capture with automated protocols designed to improve efficiency and consistency for every exam using eSieScan™
2Boyd et al, N Engl J Med 2007;356:227-36
3Berg et al, JAMA, 2008—Vol 299, No. 18
*Workstation must meet the required specification.
BI-RADS® is a registered trademark of Mendelson EB, Baum JK, Berg WA, Merritt CB, Rubin E. Breast
Imaging Reporting and Data System BI-RADS: Ultrasound, 1st edition. Reston, Va: American College of Radiology; 2003.