Molecular laboratories are facing a significant increase in testing for respiratory pathogens as a result of the COVID-19 global health crisis. These increased demands require flexible automated platforms to enable them to meet the respiratory testing needs during the pandemic as well as during the flu season.
The VERSANT® kPCR Molecular System* with the MiPLX Software Solution for PCR-based testing provides true molecular testing versatility. The VERSANT kPCR Molecular System, delivering accurate and reliable results with maximum productivity and flexibility, enables molecular laboratories to meet emerging challenges as well as routine needs in molecular diagnostic testing.
The system is comprised of two bench-top instruments that provide flexible instrument configurations and use of laboratory space while enabling efficient operations:
- The VERSANT kPCR Molecular System SP for sample extraction and PCR plate setup
- The VERSANT kPCR Molecular System AD for PCR cycling
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System
Eigenschaften & Vorteile
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System SP
Automated extraction of nucleic acids from specimens
- Multiple sample types per run
- Universal reagent kit for the isolation of RNA and DNA from a wide variety of specimen types
- Flexible run size of 1 to 96 samples with short turnaround times
- Automated PCR setup for Siemens Healthineers assays as well as laboratory-developed and third-party assays**
- Eluate splitting, instead of sample splitting, for standardized eluate for use in multiple assays from a single specimen
- Open protocols enable consolidation of the Siemens Healthineers assay menu with laboratory-developed and third-party assays on a single platform**
- Accurate liquid delivery with unique total aspiration and dispense monitoring (TADM) technology
- Anti-droplet control (ADC)
Accurate sample identification
- System tracks sample/patient ID from primary tube to result
- Primary-tube sampling supports multiple tube sizes
Quality contamination control
- Air displacement pipetting (ADP)
- Disposable, filtered pipette tips
- CO-RE tip technology‡ (compressed O-ring expansion)
‡ CO-RE, TADM, and ADC are patented, proprietary technologies of Hamilton Company
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System AD ***
- De-coupled six-color filter set that supports a variety of dyes
• SYBR Green™
• MUSTANG PURPLE™
- Supports custom dyes that excite between 455–672 nm and emit between 505–723 nm****
- Six programmable VeriFlex™ Zones provide independent temperature zones for enhanced functionality and precise control over the real-time PCR
- VERSANT kPCR MiPLX AD Software and QS5 DX software options
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System - Specifications
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System SP - Specifications
VERSANT kPCR Molecular System AD - Specifications
*CE-IVD labeled for diagnostic use in the EU. This instrument has not been FDA cleared or approved. This instrument has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories. This instrument has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. This instrument is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21. U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner. Product availability varies by country and is subject to local regulatory requirements.
**Laboratories are responsible for validating assays they develop.
*** QuantStudio™ 5 Dx real-time thermocycler (originally supplied by ThermoFisher) modified to run the MiPLX Software Solution (Siemens Healthineers).
**** Custom dyes are those dyes not supplied by Siemens Healthineers or dyes not pre-calibrated with the instrument.
VERSANT and all associated marks are trademarks of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc., or its affiliates. All other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local representative for availability.