You are working with MAGNETOM Trio – a perfect starting point for taking the next step in MRI imaging. A powerful upgrade is available for your system, one that makes 3T imaging more accurate, productive, and reproducible while maintaining its benchmark magnet homogeneity. The latest MRI technology will provide you with virtually unlimited imaging and innovation capabilities and long-lasting stability, even for long examinations – perfect for the most demanding research quests.
"MAGNETOM Prismafit has the power to explore research and applications at a better level than on standard 3T scanners. The upgrade of our MAGNETOM Trio was actually extremely smooth and we are very grateful about this."1
Professor Rainer Goebel
Maastricht University & Scannexus, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eigenschaften & Vorteile
More power for your 3T magnet
Building on your original 3T magnet, you will immediately benefit from the latest MAGNETOM Prismafit technologies: its unique XR 80/200 gradient system, fully parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape and ZOOMit, Siemens’ Tim 4G receive architecture.
Experience outstanding gradient performance with MAGNETOM Prismafit
- New XR 80/200 gradient coil with 80 mT/m @ 200 T/m/s simultaneously, on all three axes
- Ultra-high-performance cooling
- Force-compensated design for reduced vibrations
Benefits: Significantly increased SNR, unprecedented long-term stability and minimized acoustic noise.
Make use of fully dynamic parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape
- Selective excitation to highlight regions, organs, or even features of an organ
- Zoomed imaging with the first parallel transmit application ZOOMit
- Significantly higher resolution, reduced scan times and less artifacts
- Open platform for new MRI applications
Benefit from higher resolution and faster scanning with Tim 4G receive architecture
- New Tim RF system with 48, 64 or 128 independent channels for faster imaging and higher SNR
- New Tim 4G coil technology with highest coil element density, Dual-Density Signal Transfer, DirectConnect, and SlideConnect technology
- Fully digital transmit and receive with DirectRF
- Real-time feedback loop for excellent long-term stability
New possibilities with higher SNR, better B1 homogeneity, and new software applications
MAGNETOM Prismafit provides state-of-the-art technology for your most demanding clinical tasks. It supports you with extreme 3T power and provides you with virtually unlimited imaging possibilities.
Higher reproducibility, higher productivity with Turbo Suite and DotGO
Setting the pace in MR acceleration.
With rising patient volumes in the face of falling reimbursement, there is a clear need for greater efficiency. At the same time, the quality of exam results should not diminish. We are committed to help you transform care delivery by significantly shortening entire examinations for the whole spectrum of clinical MRI. When upgrading your system to MAGNETOM Avantofit, MAGETOM Skyrafit or MAGNETOM Prismafit you get access to Turbo Suite.
Turbo Suite offers the right solution for your clinical question. It is comprised of disruptive MR acceleration technologies, which are tailored to the clinical question. With Turbo Suite you accelerate the complete exam, covering all contrasts, all orientations, static and dynamic imaging, leading to up to 50%2 shorter exams.
Get ready for the future of MR and setting the pace in MR acceleration with a fit upgrade and Turbo Suite.
Higher SNR, increased homogeneity
With Tim 4G’s ultra-high-density array you will get increased signal-to-noise (SNR) for all areas of interest. In this case of a large-field-of-view abdomen up to 50 coil elements can be activated.
Additionally, with Siemens standard parallel transmit solution TimTX TrueForm you receive excellent B1 homogeneity leading to a very homogeneous 3T image quality throughout the body.
Higher reproducibility, higher productivity with Turbo Suite and DotGO
When upgrading to MAGNETOM Prismafit you immediately benefit from DotGO Siemens' next step in MRI exam software. It combines intuitive protocol management with quality results for each exam. For true flexibility, consistency, and efficiency.
Flexibility. Consistency. Efficiency.
- Intuitive protocol management with one central and flexible user interface
- Quality results for each exam, consistent and reproducible
- Up to 20% shorter exam slots for more efficiency in MRI3
“On average, we were able to shorten the examination from 25 to 20 minutes per patient.”1
Anton Quinsten, RT, Senior MRI Technologist
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology and Neuroradiology
University Hospital Essen, Germany
The combination of MAGNETOM Prismafit’s XR80/200 gradient and Tim 4G receive architecture also leads to better fat saturation and higher resolution joint imaging.
Upgrade your MAGNETOM Trio, a Tim System, to a MAGNETOM Prismafit.
Overview Technical Details
Siemens' unique technologies
Tim 4G: The 4th generation of proven Tim (Total imaging matrix) technology provides up to 204 coils elements with up to 128 channels for the accuracy you need.
DotGO: DotGO is Siemens’ next step in MRI exam software, combining intuitive protocol management (Dot Cockpit) with quality results for each exam (Dot engines). For true flexibility, consistency, and efficiency.
TimTX TrueForm: Is Siemens' solution for overcoming B1 inhomogeneities at 3 Tesla. It includes innovative techniques in the RF excitation hardware as well as new application and processing features enabling uniform RF distribution in all body regions.
TimTX TrueShape: Is Siemens’ parallel transmit architecture. It features selective excitation to highlight regions, organs or features of an organ leading to increased image quality and faster scanning. Builds the foundation for unique parallel transmit applications, like ZOOMit, the first zoom function in MRI.
With an upgrade to MAGNETOM Prismafit you keep your MAGNETOM Trio magnet with its benckmark magnet homogeneity (typ. 1.1 ppm @ 50 cm DSV (diameter spherical volume)) and magnet reliability.
Your upgraded MAGNETOM Prismafit comes standard with the XR 80/200 gradient system, the strongest gradients in the industry. The combination of the excellents gradients together with Tim (Total imaging matrix) enables the most demanding applications.
It offers largest anatomical coverage with a FoV up to 50 cm.
Tim’s revolutionary all digital-in/digital-out design DirectRF allows for higher SNR and improved stability. All transmit and receive components are located at the magnet.
- Optical links between magnet and equipment room to achieve high RF stability and low noise
- Transmit and receive components are integrated in the magnet housing
- Dual-Density Signal Transfer enables ultra-high density coil designs by integrating key RF components into the local coil
Siting and installation
The upgrade to MAGNETOM Prismafit fits into the current MAGNETOM Trio, a Tim System’s room. The upgrade including all new components, computers, and software will be installed in up to 15 working days.
11) The statements by Siemens Healthineers' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
2Data on file; results may vary
3University Hospital Essen, Brain Dot Engine Workflow Study, GER
4MR scanning has not been established as safe for imaging fetuses and infants under two years of age. The responsible physician has to decide about the benefit of the MRI examination in comparison to other imaging procedures.
5Minimum total space requirement for magnet, electronics, and console room.
6Channels (coil elements) that can be connected simultaneously