VERSANT HIV-I RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR)
The VERSANT® HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR)* is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification assay used for quantitative measurement of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) RNA in plasma samples. This assay is performed on the VERSANT kPCR Molecular System*. Combined with Siemens’ nucleic acid extraction technology, this assay provides a reliable and sensitive method for the quantitation of human HIV-1 in infected individuals.
- Outstanding Assay Performance
- Automated and Flexible Technology
- Robust Assay Design
- Optimal Assay Standardization
Características e Benefícios
Performance to meet your needs
- Efficient and reproducible extraction, amplification, and detection of HIV-1 RNA
- Up to 89 patient samples per run
- Results in less than 6 hours
Outstanding Assay Performance
- Excellent performance with quality extraction
- Low limit of detection (LOD) with high accuracy
- Good precision across a wide dynamic range
- Compatible with a variety of subtypes and circulating recombinant forms
Automated and Flexible Technology
- Primary-tube sampling supports a variety of tube types and sizes
- Positive patient sample identification with bar-code ID for sample and results tracking
- Up to 178 patient results per shift
- 500 uL sample input volume
Robust Assay Design
- Enhanced sensitivity and specificity with BLACK HOLE QUENCHER**
- Detects HIV-1 group M clades A–H, CRF, and group O
- Targets highly conserved pol integrase gene with unique TAQMAN*** probes
- Lower annealing temperature tolerates greater mismatch which leads to better subtype quantitation
- Dual-primer and triple probe design to increase mismatch tolerance
- Non-competitive internal control to monitor extraction and PCR efficiency
- Amplicon contamination control with UNG
HIV Assay Workflow
Optimal Assay Standardization
- Calibration is performed during each run which provides quality results
- Accurate calibration is achieved with efficient extraction of calibrator transcripts which are similar in size to HIV viral transcripts
- Gold standard phosphate method is used to establish copies/mL
- Referenced to the WHO HIV RNA 2nd International Standard (97/650) for IU/mL
99.7% with a 95% lower confidence limit of 99.3%
37 to 11,000,000 copies/mL
The maximum deviation from linearity at all levels of dynamic range within +/- 0.10 log copies/mL
HIV-1 group M clades A–H, CRF, and group O
VERSANT HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay for quantitative measurement of HIV RNA in fresh or frozen human plasma samples
Catalog Number Description
VERSANT® HIV-1 RN1.5 Assay (kPCR), IVDD, Box 1
VERSANT® HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR), IVDD, Box 2
(4 sets Calibrators and Controls)
Essa informação foi útil?
O produto/recurso exibido nesta página Web não está comercialmente disponível em todos os países. Por razões de regulamentação, sua disponibilidade futura não pode ser garantida. Por favor, entre em contato com a organização da Siemens local para maiores detalhes.
Assays currently available on the VERSANT kPCR Molecular System.
The VERSANT® HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR) is IVDD, CE marked.
*Not for sale in the US. Not yet available for sale in all countries.
** BLACK HOLE QUENCHER is a trademark of Biosearch Technology.
*** TaqMan is a trademark of Roche Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.