Partnerships – Sant'Egidio
Siemens provides the viral load monitoring system of choice for the Community of Sant'Egidio through their DREAM program – a holistic approach to treat AIDS in Africa and achieve excellence in healthcare.
The DREAM program consists of:
- 18 laboratories in 10 African countries
- Diagnostic management of patients with HIV/AIDS
- Approx. 48,000 patients have been assisted
- Approx. 27,500 patients on HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy)
- Over 100,000 viral load tests have been performed
Partnerships – TOGAtainer
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics and TOGA Molecular Biology Laboratory, South Africa, have partnered on the innovative TOGAtainer – a turnkey lab that can be placed anywhere as long as water and electricity are accessible. Siemens' VERSANT® line of molecular products play a key role in the success of this integrated laboratory.
- Decentralized laboratory services
- HIV monitoring in resource-limited settings
- Robust, accurate and cost-effective results
VERSANT molecular systems provide:
- Small footprint
- Single room technology
The products/features shown on this webpage are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.